|Highlights of the 35th European Cystic Fibrosis Conference, Dublin Ireland |
eCysticFibrosis Review is a continuing nursing education program delivered as literature review and podcasts. It includes commentary on current research, best practices, and clinical management issues, provided by an expert panel of Cystic Fibrosis specialists.
|Dates: ||11/13/2012- 11/12/2014 |
|Format: ||Online |
|Location: ||Available online |
|Location Address: || |
|Tuition: ||$0 |
|Who should attend: ||This activity has been developed for pulmonologists, pediatric pulmonologists, gastroenterologists, pediatricians, infectious disease specialists, respiratory therapists, dieticians, nutritionists, nurses, and physical therapists. |
After participating in this activity the participant will demonstrate the ability to:
- Identify therapies associated with long-term reductions in mortality
- Describe the “low volume” hypothesis relative to recent research in new sodium channel blockers
- Discuss new findings describing the CF neonate lung based on measurement via LCI and HRCT
- Explain the importance of residual chloride function in selecting patients suitable for treatment with ivacaftor
- Summarize the effects of ataluren in FEV1 and rate of exacerbations in patients with nonsense mutations
Upon completion of the post test, please take a moment to respond to our program evaluation.
This Educational Activity is supported by an independent educational
grant from Abbott Laboratories Inc., Gilead Sciences, Inc., and Vertex
To obtain contact hours, you must complete this Educational Activity and post-test before November 11, 2014.
|This 1 contact hour Educational Activity (which includes 0 hours of pharmacology) is provided by The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing. |